Baby Sleep Solutions: The Truth About Infant Sleep
Baffled or confused about the many offerings for sleep training your newborn? Here is the Truth about Infant Sleep in our Baby Sleep Solutions Class!
Topics covered will include:
- The nature of a normal newborn's sleep pattern
- The biology of newborn sleep
- The transition to adult sleep patterns
- Is my baby waking because of hunger
- Sleep and nutrition
- Different strategies to support infant sleep
- The concept of sleep training
- Discussion of the evidence base behind sleep interventions in infants
- Pros and cons of different approaches
- Troubleshooting common sleep problems in infants
About The Instructor
Dr. Ellie Wheeler
Hailing from the United Kingdom, Ellie received her Masters in Psychology and Mathematics from the University of St. Andrews in 2002 and went on to earn her Doctorate in Clinical Psychology from the University of Glasgow in 2009. Prior to completing her doctorate, she worked as a nanny for a number of years specializing in work with children with special needs. After graduating, she worked as a psychologist in the UK working with young people suffering from eating disorders and their families. Ellie teaches several classes at Special Addition – Out of the Blue: Emotional Self Care for Parents; The Road Ahead: Child Development, and Baby Sleep Solutions Classes. In addition to her class instruction, Ellie enjoys time with her husband, her three active children, as well as a new baby, and trips back to the UK for business and her UK family!
In addition to her broad educational background, Ellie has hands-on personal experience with her four young children. She has been there!