After obtaining her MS in Computer Science and later breastfeeding her own two children, Susan decided in 2008 that she would prefer working with mothers and babies more than with computers. She then set out on the long educational pathway to become certified as an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC). In addition to seeing clients in her office or in the client’s home, Susan currently teaches Breastfeeding Basics Classes and Returning to Work Classes at Special Addition where she also offers lactation consult services. Another specialized area that Susan enjoys is working with adoptive families for inducing lactation as well as offering Lactation Professional Training for nursing and other professions. Susan also has been a volunteer leader for La Leche League support groups for many years.
Susan’s family consists of her husband, two grown children, and two cats. In her free time she enjoys dancing and Sudoku.Please call Special Addition at 512-326-9308 to schedule an office visit or home visit.
- Approximately 1.5 hours for singletons and 2 hours for multiples
- Assessment of mother's concerns
- Latch and positioning evaluated
- Assessment of baby's breastmilk intake measured with electronic scale
- Baby's and mother's breastfeeding difficulties assessed
- Verbal and written plan given to mom
- Follow up with mother via phone, email or text until concerns are resolved
- Written communication with mother's and baby's health care providers
- Superbill including insurance reimbursement codes provided
- Varying consult fees for singletons/multiples and for office/home visits
- Consult fees begin at $95
- In-network for Seton Employees' Health Plans