Kristen has been helping mothers and babies breastfeed since 2012 and has been Board Certified since 2015. She received her lactation education from the University of California San Diego while completing over 300 clinical hours to become an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant – IBCLC, RLC. Besides working as a lactation consultant with new moms at Special Addition, Kristen also can be found helping moms get a good start breastfeeding at Seton Central Medical Center. In addition to keeping busy with lactation consulting, she is a member of the Central Texas Healthy Mothers Healthy Babies Coalition, is a certified American Heart Association CPR instructor and teaches a variety of classes at Special Addition including Breastfeeding Basic Classes, an Infant Safety course, and the Sleep Solutions Classes.
Kristen has three young children whom she breastfed and has lots of pumping expertise. She and her family enjoy camping, attempting to grow a garden, and chocolate in all forms!Please call Special Addition at 512-326-9308 to schedule an office visit or home visit.
- Approximately 1.5 hours for singletons and 2 hours for multiples
- Assessment of mother's concerns
- Latch and positioning evaluated
- Assessment of baby's breastmilk intake measured with electronic scale
- Baby's and mother's breastfeeding difficulties assessed
- Verbal and written plan given to mom
- Follow up with mother via phone, email or text until concerns are resolved
- Written communication with mother's and baby's health care providers
- Superbill including insurance reimbursement codes provided
- Varying consult fees for singletons/multiples and for office/home visits
- Consult fees begin at $95
- In-network for Seton Employees' Health Plans